Hello everyone! I’m back with some more self-doubt fighting words.
So, what do I have for you today? Well, it’s nearly November – I can’t believe it – and that can only mean one thing, it’s NaNoWriMo and NaNoEdMo time. For those who don’t know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. During November, writers around the world pledge to write 50,000 words of their novel. It’s a great challenge, and I do recommend it for those who need motivating to start writing their novel.
I had originally planned to take part in NaNoWriMo this year; however, I have a novel that I haven’t edited since July. So instead of needing the motivation to write a novel, I need the motivation to edit a novel, so like last year, I will be taking part in NaNoEdMo (National Novel Editing Month) next month (the original month is March). And my goal for this year will be to finish my third draft and possibly start on my fourth.
You can find out more information about NaNoWriMo and NaNoEdMo on my ‘Get ready for NaNoEdMo’ post.
Again this year I will be inviting you all to join me on my novel editing quest. I’ve been unable to create a month long event like last year, but I have created a Facebook group called November 2016 – NaNoEdMo. You can find a link to the group via my Nicole J. Simms Facebook page.
Like last year, you will need a goal. Your goal could be anything from editing 50,000 words to finishing a certain draft stage. It doesn’t matter what you decide. What’s important is that you have a goal to work towards because it’s the goal that will help you to stay focused and motivated.
I will also be writing about my NaNoEdMo journey on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #NaNoEdMo. And I look forward to hearing about your NaNoEdMo and NaNoWriMo adventure.
So whether you decide to take part in NaNoWriMo or NaNoEdMo, I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope you all reach your goals. I know I hope I reach mine.
To end this post, here is another inspirational quote:
“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory” ― George S. Patton Jr.
- WIHM: Setting Self Doubt on Fire: The Female Horror Author Reading Challenge - February 22, 2019
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Let’s Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway in 2019 - January 23, 2019
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: 5 Tips on How to Ignore the Negative Voices - September 9, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Hey! Where’s My Book Reading Audience - June 3, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Don’t Let Self-Doubt Make You Miss Deadlines - March 25, 2017
- WIHM: Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Female Horror Writer and Proud - February 18, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Let’s Beat Self-Doubt in 2017 - January 7, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Help! I Didn’t Reach My NaNo Goal - December 3, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: It’s NaNoWriMo and NaNoEdMo Time - October 29, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: How to Prepare for a Book Reading Event - October 9, 2016