December – the month of joy, happiness and to finish what you started.Anonymous
I’m not sure how accurate the above quote is but I do like the idea of finishing things. I’ve had a ton of outstanding additions to the site which I’ve been wanting to do as well as ideas I’ve wanted to write and plan on doing as much as possible in the upcoming month and hope you do as well! I’d love to hear your #AmWriting achievements in the month to follow so; please do share any progress with @HorrorTree!
On a side note, I would like to give an extremely warm welcome to our *4* new Patreons this month! As our community grows it provides more opportunity to everyone who follows Horror Tree, and we’re thrilled to have you on board!
Also, if you’ve had a chance to pick up a copy of ‘Trembling With Fear: Volume 1‘ we’d love it if you could leave a review! It’d be awesome if we can hit 10 by the end of the year!
What Is New At The Horror Tree?!
We had a chance to try out two new types of posts this month and I’d love to hear what you think about them! The first of which was our first “Unholy Trinity” which is a set of 3 stand-alone drabbles that also work together to tell a larger story! The second of which was the first installment of “The Tools We Use” which will be a feature that goes into the various applications the site and writers use for various tasks. If you have any thoughts on either of them, please let us know!
Articles: Suggestions To Fit Writing Into A Busy Schedule, Brain Babies: Writing Through The Pain, The Tools We Use: Stencil, Story Worms: You are More Than your Wordcount, Creative Ways To Brainstorm New Ideas
Book Reviews: The Way of All Flesh
Video Refresh: The Planning Issue, Liz Butcher Interview, The Crossroads, Derek Brown Interview, The Overwhelming Effect
Interviews: Nikki Nelson-Hicks, Carmelo Chimera Of Chimera’s Comics, Andy Lockwood, K.R. Rowe., Eric S. Brown, Marc Vun Kannon
Blog Tour Stop: ‘Arithmophobia’ Blog Tour – The Terror Tree
What Is About To Grow At The Horror Tree?
So last month I mentioned that I was working on a chatbot for the site. Unfortunately, it is still in development Hell. With surviving the Day Of The Turkey as well as The Blackest Of Fridays and everything else going on in Fall – It has been delayed.
That being said, I’m hoping to still launch it in the upcoming month.
Also on the agenda? Officially opening the Horror Tree store! Those who follow us on Facebook have seen samples of some of the products which will be available, and we’re just a couple of designs (and a bit of site layout) away from making them into a reality!
I’d also like to start exploring having an official logo for ‘Trembling With Fear’ designed (both the full logo and a shorthand of TWF), but I’m not expecting to have that happen in the coming month. Anything is possible though!
Looking to contribute to The Horror Tree?
We’re always on the lookout for more help at The Horror Tree! Patreon is always a great way to become involved!
We also always have a STRONG need for book reviewers!
A couple new ideas as of late would be for people able to help with our YouTube video creation, possibly a podcast, meme creation, and as always more article writers!
However, if you’re looking to add your personal touch to things there are other options!
From ongoing contributors to web developers that would be interested in working with us on online applications for authors, to guest blogs, to someone willing to track open markets, to being a stop on your blog tour, and so on. If you are interested please drop us a line through our contact page today!
Wondering What Fiction We Could Use?
Our Trembling With Fear submissions have been going strong (keep them coming!) However, we’re also looking for some specific types of fiction coming up:
- The Unholy Trinity – We’re looking to have 3 stand-alone drabbles that link together either in theme, character or to expand upon one another. They need to work alone but there has to be some connective tissue!
- Serial Killers – On the opposite end of the spectrum, we’re hoping to print a few more serials. Stories which can easily be broken up into 4-10 installments of 1,000-1,5000 words or so in length (we’ll go longer or shorter a bit as long as it works!) We’re not looking for a story to just be cut up though, these have to work as mini-chapters for the overall tale being told.
- Finally, in January we’ve got a call for authors in the LGBT+ community or stories that would fit in that area!
Have anything you’d like to see us add in the future?
We’re here for you so if you believe there is a service, column, or anything else we could list that you’d want to see please reach out via our contact page!
A Brief Social Update!
Once again, we’re trying to share how the Horror Tree is growing socially. I need to keep a focus on this as it is hard to find ways to grow our social media and keeping track shows how many authors and readers we’re able to reach!
- Horror Tree’s Twitter – We’ve gone up 10 followers and are now sitting at 6766
- Horror Tree’s Facebook –Has jumped from 1844 to 1866 likes! If you know anyone who would love the site please ask them to give us a like on here as we’d love to break the 2k barrier!
- Horror Tree’s Instagram – I have no idea what happened here but after our Stan Lee quotes got quite a few shares we skyrocketed up to 5360 followers. THANK YOU for checking us out!
- Horror Tree’s Pinterest – I almost removed this from the list this week but our follow count went up by 3 to a whopping 15! Even though there isn’t much in the way of follows here, we do get quite a bit of views thanks to hashtags and the platform randomly sharing our posts to people. So that’s something!
- Horror Tree’s YouTube subscribers have changed from 35 to 37! We’re still trying to put an effort into growing this one for when we move past just doing our previous article listings and would love a few subscribes out there!
As always, I hope we’re helping you out and we’d love to see your comments with any suggestions or thoughts on what we’re doing! Thanks for being a reader!
Also, if you’re in need of a bit of a break, don’t forget to play The Horror Tree Game!
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019