Payment: $100 for original story and $50 for reprints.
Note: Reprints Allowed
What We’re Looking For
Stories should be between 2,000 and 6,000 words. We’re willing to consider longer, but they’d have to be something extraordinary.
We publish stories that take place in our here and now, or something very close to it. We like mainstream, fantasy and science fiction, but we don’t want space operas or high fantasy. Think The Twilight Zone or Flowers for Algernon or Robert Sawyer’s The Terminal Experiment or the Newford stories of Charles De Lint, rather than Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series or The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Stories do not have to be speculative but they should contain elements common to speculative fiction. That said, we’re open to ideas that haven’t occurred to us, as long as you don’t take us off-planet. If you have to write about dragons, make us believe we could see them when we walk out our door. And please, no fan fiction, excessive sex or gore.
What We’re Offering
We pay $100 (Canadian dollars) per original story, regardless of length, for first world print and electronic rights. We pay $50 for reprints, but only if the story has not appeared on the web. We intend to publish a twelve-story anthology at the end of each year, therefore we keep these rights until the anthology is published. After that, all rights revert back to you with the proviso that, should you publish the story elsewhere, you credit Triptych Tales.
What We’re Expecting
Professionally presented stories with proper spelling, grammar and formatting. We accept stories in .odt, .rtf and .doc or .docx. Email messages containing links to file sharing sites will be deleted unread. We also require a brief biography (50 or so words) and a list of previous publications. No simultaneous or multiple submissions.
How To Submit
Send your story as an attachment to [email protected] with your story title in the subject line of the email. You should hear back from us within 2 months.
Via: Triptych Tales.
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Violet Hour Magazine August/September 2017 Issue - April 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Broad Knowledge - April 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Year’s Best Body Horror - April 17, 2017