Open Window: September 1 to August 15
Payment: LitMag Print: Upon acceptance, we pay $1,000 for fiction or nonfiction; $250 for a poem (or the rare short short) LitMag Online: Upon acceptance, we pay $250
What We Publish
Short stories, novellas
Creative nonfiction; essays on literature, art, and culture, music; biography, memoir
No restrictions on style or form
Fiction, Nonfiction, and Poetry
Up to 4,000 words.
We are drawn to big minds, large hearts, sharp pens
Word Count Limits
Print: 15,000 words
Online: 4,000 words
What to Send
One story or essay at a time, up to five poems.
Please wait until you have heard back from us before submitting again.
We do not consider work that has previously been published either in print or online (including personal blogs etc.)
What We Pay
LitMag Print: Upon acceptance, we pay $1,000 for fiction or nonfiction; $250 for a poem (or the rare short short)
LitMag Online: Upon acceptance, we pay $250
What We Acquire
LitMag acquires First North American Serial Rights.
Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
When to Submit
Regular submissions: September 1 to August 15
How to Submit
Online. (Saves trees, prevents paper cuts.) We use Submittable.
Please submit only once in each category and wait until you receive our response before submitting again.
Yes, of course. But please withdraw your submission immediately viaSubmittable if another publication beats us to your work.
We try to respond to submissions as quickly as possible and strive to send a decision within two months, but please understand that the volume of submissions may require us to take longer.
- Taking Submissions: Third Point Press December 2018 Issue - September 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Folded Word - September 25, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Urban Crime - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: American Gothic - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: 2100 A Health Odyssey Contest - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Zooscape - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nanoism - September 24, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018