Taking Submissions: Short Story Substack September 2022 Window (Early Listing)
Submission Window: September 1st-30th, 2022
Payment: $100 for the chosen story + 50% of subscription revenue
Theme: Any genre, short story
Changing the world, one story at a time
What does the timeline look like?
Submit stories by the end of the month, winner to be announced on the 15th. There is ONE story that wins and receives the full payout.
Where do I send submissions?
What are the rules for submitting?
1. No Fees
2. Send in Microsoft Word or Google Doc form
3. Any genre
4. 6- 10,000 words. Yes, just 6 words, like Hemingway’s famous 6-word story “For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn.”
5. Reprints are ok so long as you still have the rights to distribute.
6. Acknowledge Distribution Rights on this Substack – You can still sell your story elsewhere but we need to be able to save and publish it here. The goal is to create a library for subscribers.
7. Only the winner will be published and rights will only transfer for the winning story.
What do I get for subscribing?
One beautiful story every month. The complete library. The joy of supporting artists and doing something interesting.
Yes! Analytics will be published monthly in terms of subscribers, the number of submissions, and anything else that might be relevant.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!