Payment: $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words
Note: We accept a set number of submissions each month. To maximize your chance of getting your work to us, please try us early in the month.
We welcome unsolicited submissions. We read them blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history. Only as we complete the selection process do we reveal to ourselves what your name is and who you are.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
What do we want? We’ll look at any genre. We like serious, comic, lighthearted, dark, emotional, and acerbic. The important factor for us is that the work use story, characters, emotions, and other fundamental elements of storytelling to think, to ask questions, to move the mind forward. To get a better idea what the heck that means, check out a few of our stories and read this essay about why we call ourselves The Stoneslide Corrective.
- Taking Submissions: This Never Happened! Alternate History Farce and Fantasy - January 18, 2019
- Video Refresh: Stephen Herczeg Interview - January 18, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019