Payment: $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words
Note: We accept a set number of submissions each month. To maximize your chance of getting your work to us, please try us early in the month.
We welcome unsolicited submissions. We read them blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history. Only as we complete the selection process do we reveal to ourselves what your name is and who you are.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
What do we want? We’ll look at any genre. We like serious, comic, lighthearted, dark, emotional, and acerbic. The important factor for us is that the work use story, characters, emotions, and other fundamental elements of storytelling to think, to ask questions, to move the mind forward. To get a better idea what the heck that means, check out a few of our stories and read this essay about why we call ourselves The Stoneslide Corrective.
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019
- Can some of us ‘sense’ Hell? - September 16, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 09/15/2019 - September 15, 2019
- Enter To Win An Autographed Hardcover Copy Of Black Wings (US Only) - September 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Split Lip Magazine - September 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Samhain Secrets - September 12, 2019