Payment: $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words
Note: We accept a set number of submissions each month. To maximize your chance of getting your work to us, please try us early in the month.
We welcome unsolicited submissions. We read them blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history. Only as we complete the selection process do we reveal to ourselves what your name is and who you are.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
What do we want? We’ll look at any genre. We like serious, comic, lighthearted, dark, emotional, and acerbic. The important factor for us is that the work use story, characters, emotions, and other fundamental elements of storytelling to think, to ask questions, to move the mind forward. To get a better idea what the heck that means, check out a few of our stories and read this essay about why we call ourselves The Stoneslide Corrective.
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018