Between $10 and $75 based upon content and word count
The Tishman Review welcomes submissions of short fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction and book reviews year-round.
- We read blind. Your manuscript must not have any identifying information on it nor a cover letter attached within the file. Please only include a cover letter in the Comments Section area on Submittable. In the cover letter, please identify your work with title(s), corresponding page numbers (for poetry) or word count (for prose), and include a short bio of no more than 50 words.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but you must withdraw the work immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished, original works.
- We are not looking for any gratuitous violence or sex or any work that is misogynistic, racist or homophobic.
- Please send only one submission at a time, but you are free to submit again after you have received a response from us.
- Prose submissions must be double-spaced, paginated and in standard manuscript format.
- We do our best to respond to each submission within 90 days. If it has been longer than 90 days, please send an inquiry to us at: [email protected].
Poetry: Please submit up to five pages of poetry, with each new poem beginning on a fresh page, in a single computer file.
Fiction: We are open to the possibilities an author may present and are not expecting a particular kind of story. With that in mind, please submit your very best work, the work you are most proud of, the work that best represents your voice in the world.
Micro-fiction: up to 250 words. You may include up to 3 pieces of micro-fiction in one submission.
Flash fiction: up to 1,000 words.
Short Story: up to 8,000 words.
Creative Non-Fiction: We are looking for personal essays, memoir, lyric essays and literary journalism of up to 3,000 words.
Book Reviews and Craft Essays: We are also seeking well-written reviews of soon-to-be or newly-published books of poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction and equally well-written essays on the craft of writing, either prose or poetry, to be featured in our Craft Talk section. Please submit pieces no more than 2,000 words in length.
General Submission Information: The Tishman Review pays all our contributors for both prose and poetry on a sliding scale between $10 and $75 based upon content and word count. While we realize this is a small payment, our hope is (with continued support and growth) to be able to increase the amount we pay on an annual basis.
We hold first serial rights for the material we publish, with the copyright reverting back to the author upon publication. We reserve the right to keep any work we publish. Should a piece first published in The Tishman Review be reprinted in another work, we request the later publication include an acknowledgment of The Tishman Review.
Via: The Tishman Review.
- The 2017 Nebula Award Finalists Have Been Announced - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monsters Of Any Kind - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bound Books “Best Of” Anthology - February 19, 2018
- WIHM: Exploring Discrimination With Monsters - February 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 02/18/2018 - February 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018