Payment: $3 per story accepted ($5 for Short Stories).
Need we say that the work must be your own? Previously published work is per our request only. Previous publication on your own website is okay.
We publish flash fiction with the word count between 250 and 1200. More or less is a hard sell.
Once a week I will publish a short story, between 1200 and 5000 words.
Submit only one story at a time.
All genres are acceptable, but no fan fiction or stories based on copyrighted characters (ie Batman etc). Explicit sex and gross violence for violence’s sake is best left for another site.
Avoid song lyrics, unless you can show that they are in the public domain. Please no stories which feature living public figures as characters, although a passing mention is acceptable.
We assume first publication rights for stories accepted. Copyrights are retained by the author. We would appreciate acknowledgement if your story is reprinted elsewhere.
No simultaneous submissions, but expect to receive an answer within two weeks, almost always sooner. If you have not received an answer within two weeks, please email a query to [email protected]
Although it seems almost an insult, considering the time involved writing and editing a story, authors are paid $3 per story accepted ($5 for Short Stories). Payment is via Paypal.
STOP!! Reread your story. Be patient about pushing that ‘Submit’ button. You only get one chance before the editor hits his ‘Reject’ button.
Well…yes, I know we don’t actually have a ‘Submit button’, but the previous advice is still valid.
Via: The Flash Fiction Press.
- Taking Submissions: Shhhh… Murder! - November 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Piece by Piece: An Anti Valentine’s Day anthology - November 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Cenorot - November 20, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/19/2017 - November 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – January 2018 - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Til Death: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Poetry Anthology - November 13, 2017