Payment: $3 per story accepted ($5 for Short Stories).
Need we say that the work must be your own? Previously published work is per our request only. Previous publication on your own website is okay.
We publish flash fiction with the word count between 250 and 1200. More or less is a hard sell.
Once a week I will publish a short story, between 1200 and 5000 words.
Submit only one story at a time.
All genres are acceptable, but no fan fiction or stories based on copyrighted characters (ie Batman etc). Explicit sex and gross violence for violence’s sake is best left for another site.
Avoid song lyrics, unless you can show that they are in the public domain. Please no stories which feature living public figures as characters, although a passing mention is acceptable.
We assume first publication rights for stories accepted. Copyrights are retained by the author. We would appreciate acknowledgement if your story is reprinted elsewhere.
No simultaneous submissions, but expect to receive an answer within two weeks, almost always sooner. If you have not received an answer within two weeks, please email a query to [email protected]
Although it seems almost an insult, considering the time involved writing and editing a story, authors are paid $3 per story accepted ($5 for Short Stories). Payment is via Paypal.
STOP!! Reread your story. Be patient about pushing that ‘Submit’ button. You only get one chance before the editor hits his ‘Reject’ button.
Well…yes, I know we don’t actually have a ‘Submit button’, but the previous advice is still valid.
Via: The Flash Fiction Press.
- Taking Submissions: Third Point Press December 2018 Issue - September 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Folded Word - September 25, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Urban Crime - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: American Gothic - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: 2100 A Health Odyssey Contest - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Zooscape - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nanoism - September 24, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018