Payment: $100 advance on a 20% royalty on individual issue sales
Storyteller is looking for a modern evolution of literary fiction. We want stories that hook right from the first sentence and don’t let go until the impactful climax a few thousand words later. Stories should be titled to attract a reader’s interest; not to describe the story. The hook should pull the reader straight into the action. The climax should have emotional relevance. We want goose-bump triggering impact.
Upon acceptance, contributors are required to collaborate with editors and other contributors to revise their submission, as well as promote the issue to which their work is accepted.
- Compensation: $100 advance on a 20% royalty on individual issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and ReadStoryteller.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by a team of curators.
- Word count: 5,000 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: Curators prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing.
- Poetry not accepted.
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018