Payment: Accepts 2 stories a month at $100 a story
WHAT WE WANT
Ruthless Peoples Magazine publishes excellent flash fiction online. Our submissions form is below.
We publish two stories a month and pay $100 for each. Stories must be previously unpublished and the writer’s own creative work.
If excellence could be defined it would cease to exist. RPM subscribes to no genre. Capture something of the human condition in a story of ghosts or femme fatales or dusty electricians or the breath of a reluctant lover, if you like–or in the brass dials of a spy satellite, the wink of an elephant’s greasy nostril, a collapsing circus tent.
With that said, the preference is for character over caricature, drama over hysteria, plot over passivity, fresh observation over cliche. Juvenile or pretentious work is revolting, so bring a sense of a character reaching for the maximum understanding of what lies in front of them, and acting on it.
In 1,000 words or fewer.
We take First Electronic Rights over accepted work, exclusive for 12 months. We pay on acceptance.
Via: Ruthless People.
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: SINCERELY, S.O.V. - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions:: Switchblade: Tech Noir - March 18, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 03/17/2019 - March 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - March 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: Drew Stepek Author Interview - March 15, 2019