Payment: $10AUD per story
Reprints allowed but not preferred
- Word count: 2000-5000 words
- Genre: Any Young Adult fiction
- Must have: Diverse protagonist/s
- Payment: $10AUD per story.
- Email: [email protected]
At Visibility Fiction, we’re looking for short, young adult fiction with protagonists with diverse identities. We want to read stories of characters from typically underrepresented minorities including lesbian, bisexual, gay, transsexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual people, people from racial and ethnic minorities, neuro-diverse people and people with disability.
We want young adult fiction with characters who are interesting and diverse, but we are not looking for stories that are specifically about being different.
We want fun stories, with exciting plots and great characterisation.
We are interested in young adult fiction in any genre, from contemporary, to science fiction and fantasy. For us, young adult fiction means it’s aimed at a teen audience with a teen protagonist.
Stories should be between 2000 and 5000 words, in standard manuscript format. Stories should be submitted as doc or docx files. Please ensure that your name and story title are listed in your email subject and manuscript file title.
Email submissions to: [email protected]
Payment and Rights
Visibility Fiction is now a paying market, thanks to the donations of our wonderful readers – all of which go to paying our authors. We now offer $10AUD for all fiction stories, with payments made via PayPal. Note: Teen writers under 18 will be paid via a gift card of their choosing (such as Amazon), due to PayPal age restrictions.
Copyright remains with the author at all times. Visibility Fiction simply asks for the non-exclusive rights to publish your story on our website.
We do accept simultaneous submissions, but let us know as soon as possible if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
Original works are preferred, but we will consider reprints. If your work is a reprint, please include any reprint information in your submission email.
If you have an article about teens and literature, visibility in literature, the importance of inclusive culture, etc., we would love to read it and share it on our blog. Equally, if you have a personal story about your own experiences surrounding inclusive culture or lack of visibility in culture, we would love to read and share that too.
We also love sharing relevant reviews of inclusive YA novels or related texts. In the case of reviews, we are happy to publish those reblogged from your own blog or Goodreads.
Pieces for the blog should be between 500 and 1500 words and submitted as doc or docx files. Please ensure that your name and article title are listed in your email subject and manuscript file title.
We are not currently offering payment for non-fiction blog posts. However, as is the case for fiction and artwork, we do offer exposure and provide authors/artists with a profile page, which can include a photo, bio, and links to personal sites and social media.
Email submissions to: [email protected]
We love reading diverse YA fiction. If you’re an author with a book you’d like reviewed, send us the blurb and relevant links and we’ll let you know if we would be interested in a review copy.
You can contact us at [email protected]
Via: Visibility Fiction.
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018
- Video Refresh: Finding Your Identity - September 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - September 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Irregular Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Detective Fantasy Anthology - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Devilish - September 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Moonlit Path Halloween 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The No Sleep Podcast - September 17, 2018