Payment: $25 story/essay, $15 flash or micro story or essay. Please query for comics.
WHAT WE DO
PINBALL publishes non-fiction prose, comics, and short fiction; please note that we are not seeking poetry.
We’ve been around. Read a few issues of PINBALL to figure out what we’re about. That’s the best way to decide if your work is right for us.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO PINBALL
We accept electronic submissions only, and we accept submissions only through Submittable. There is no charge for regular submissions. No e-mail submissions, please. We accept simultaneous submissions, but let us know if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
We do not accept previously published work, including work published on blogs or forums. Send only one piece at a time, and please wait one month to submit more work. Multiple submissions beyond the first will be rejected. By submitting, you also will be placed on our mailing list. We won’t sell or abuse your contact information.
If we decline your story, please do not send a revised version unless asked to do so by the editors.
Payment: $25 story/essay, $15 flash or micro story or essay. Please query for comics. We ask for first printing rights in online, ebook, and/or print venues, as well as promotional rights upon publication. Upon first publication, rights revert back to the author. If you have questions, please write us at [email protected]
5 BUCKS/10 DAYS REVIEW SERVICE
We offer an expedited review for five dollars, payable through Submittable. We provide a short holistic response regarding the work submitted and we do so within ten days. Using the expedited review supports PINBALL’s mission of bringing great writing and comic art to the masses.
We do have free submissions every other month. Check our Submittable page for details.
SIMPLE RULES OF THE ROAD
- 12-point serif font, such as Times New Roman.
- One-inch margins.
- Page numbers.
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes and the Occult Detectives - February 21, 2019
- WIHM: A World Without Horror - February 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Reach For The Sky - February 21, 2019
- WIHM: Plant Horror – Or That Impressive Hogweed Is NOT Harmless! - February 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Predators In Petticoats - February 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Summer 2019 - February 20, 2019
- WIHM: Channeling Character Development Through Acting - February 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions SubTerrain #83 - February 19, 2019
- WIHM: Scores for Horrors: The Underappreciated Queen of Hammer and Amicus Horror - February 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Once and Future Moon - February 19, 2019