Payment: 2 Cents CA per word
What I’m looking for:
I prefer short science fiction between 1000 and 5000 words in length, though I’ll consider stories that are longer, and in very rare cases, shorter.
The type of stories I enjoy the most usually come as a surprise (I think I know what is happening, but the underlying reality is revealed to me as I read on). That said, I’ve accepted many stories that don’t fit this model. Sometimes I’m introduced to a new story structure– a style of writing I’ve not seen before (this is great too!). Sometimes the story I like reminds me of another story, but it introduces a slightly different spin on it. Other times, the story introduces such interesting and original ideas that structure and style don’t seem to matter as much.
Kasma Magazine now offers payment of the semi-professional rate of 2 cents per word. Payments are made via Paypal only, and in Canadian Dollars.
Upon having your work accepted by Kasma, you are able to and are automatically giving me non-exclusive electronic publishing rights, or reprint rights if applicable, to publish your story on Kasma’s website. I do not own your story. You are free to publish and sell it elsewhere, as long as whatever publication you sell it to understands that the rights you are giving them are non-exclusive. After a period of one year, all rights revert back to you and you may, if you wish, ask me to remove your story from the site. I hope that you won’t however, as I would like to include your story in Kasma’s archive of great, short science fiction.
Send me your short story by pasting it within the body of an email. No fancy fonts or formatting please, though feel free to underscore italics (e.g. _this is italicized_). To email me, click the “Submit Here” link to the lower right.Submit Here!
Via: Kasma Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Urban Crime - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: American Gothic - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: 2100 A Health Odyssey Contest - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Zooscape - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nanoism - September 24, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018
- Video Refresh: Finding Your Identity - September 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - September 20, 2018