Payment: $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words
Note: We accept a set number of submissions each month. To maximize your chance of getting your work to us, please try us early in the month.
We welcome unsolicited submissions. We read them blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history. Only as we complete the selection process do we reveal to ourselves what your name is and who you are.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
What do we want? We’ll look at any genre. We like serious, comic, lighthearted, dark, emotional, and acerbic. The important factor for us is that the work use story, characters, emotions, and other fundamental elements of storytelling to think, to ask questions, to move the mind forward. To get a better idea what the heck that means, check out a few of our stories and read this essay about why we call ourselves The Stoneslide Corrective.
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome September Issue - July 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Autumn’s Harvest Anthology Call: Autumn Fantasy Anthology - July 17, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/16/2017 - July 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Indie Shelves Horror Anthology - July 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Furry Frolics - July 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ‘The Heart of a Devil: Horror and Dark Fantasy Villains Anthology’ - July 12, 2017