Sad news sci-fi fans, ‘Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show’ has officially closed its doors. Always a hard market to get into, this was a highly sought after magazine to be featured in for science fiction authors.
The details of the magazine’s closing can be found below:
To Writers and Artists
I am sad to report that Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show will be pulling up stakes in June 2019. I’ve been a reader since the first issue, and on the staff since 2009. My kids have grown up with the magazine in their lives, and I am fiercely proud of all that we’ve accomplished.
I am also very, very pleased with the state of science fiction and fantasy in general today. When IGMS first rolled onto the scene, online magazines were few and far between. Now the main mode of consumption of short SFF literature is online in one form or another (podcasts, e-issues, webpages, etc). And the voices of SFF today are vibrant, strident, beckoning, beseeching, screeching, awesome myriads. We have been a part of that polysymphonic wonder. We were one of the first to tell our truest lies on the brave digital frontier.
Here are the nitty-gritty details of the closure:
The following issues will be published:
Feb/March (this issue) 2019
All three issues have a full complement of original stories.
Subscribers whose one-year subscription ends after June 2019 will be refunded the unused portion of their subscription ($15/year for 6 issues = $2.50/issue). Sometime in the fall of 2019 we will remove the IGMS paywall, and all issues of the magazine will be freely available online.
Scott M. Roberts
Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show
You can check out Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show right here and bookmark it for access to an extensive library of science fiction once the paywall drops later this year.
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019