Taking Submissions: Last Girls Club Summer Issue 2023 (Early)
Submission Window: April 1st – May 1st 2023
Payment: Short Story-2,500 words or less. $0.01 USD per word/$25 USD max, Poems-less than 200 words $10, Flash Fiction-less than a 1,000 words $0.01 USD per word/$10 USD max
Last Girls Club Summer Issue Theme is Reparations. The country I live in is founded with a deep blood debt that will continue to haunt us if we do not acknowledge it. Revisionist history cannot kill ghosts. Colonialism exists everywhere. What do reparations even look like? Please go to our website www.lastgirlsclub.com to get a feel for what we publish. Acceptances will be notified on May 15.
- No more than two fiction or flash fiction stories per author per submission period.
- Fiction is limited to 2,500 words or less. Authors are paid $0.01 per word upon acceptance ($25 USD max).
- Flash fiction is limited to under 1,000 words. Authors are paid $0.01 per word upon acceptance ($10 USD max).
- No more than three poems per poet.
- Poems are limited to 200 words or less for each poem. Poets are paid $10 upon acceptance.
- I prefer to use PayPal to pay authors, but will work with authors where PayPal is not available.
- Nonfiction columns will must be pitched to editor in chief before submission. Email your idea to [email protected]
The Last Girls Club Magazine is a quarterly feminist horror magazine that publishes international short stories and poems from the female gaze. It is an homage to the scary comics and zines of the late 20th century. Please check on the website for the theme in detail.
- Submissions will be accepted from Jan 1-Feb 1, April 1-May 1, July 1-Aug 1, Oct 1-Nov 1.
- Final notifications will be Feb 15, May 15, Aug 15, Nov 15.
- Authors must be 18+. Submissions from underage authors will not be considered.
Via: Last Girls Club Duotrope.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!