Payment: $10 for written works 1000 words or more, $5 for written works less than 1000 words.
The Weird and Whatnot is dedicated to making publication as painless as possible for our contributors. We will respond to all submissions, questions, and queries within a month, and will always try to treat your piece with the same care you do.
- Must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, alternative history, magical realism, slipstream, or horror
- All work must be original: we cannot accept fan-fiction
- Short stories must be short: maximum length accepted is 10,000 words
- Artwork submitted must be in a printable medium: videos, slideshows, or audio tracks are not publishable by The Weird and Whatnot at this time
- No explicit content
- Submission Form & Contract with your submission email
Compensation for published works will be as follows: $10 for written works 1000 words or more (including graphic stories); $5 for artwork and written works less than 1000 words. Send submissions via email in an attached digital copy (Word files are preferred for prose and poetry) to [email protected]
Via: The Weird and Whatnot.
- Taking Submissions: American Cult - March 25, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 03/24/2019 - March 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019