Payment: $10 for written works 1000 words or more, $5 for written works less than 1000 words.
The Weird and Whatnot is dedicated to making publication as painless as possible for our contributors. We will respond to all submissions, questions, and queries within a month, and will always try to treat your piece with the same care you do.
- Must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, alternative history, magical realism, slipstream, or horror
- All work must be original: we cannot accept fan-fiction
- Short stories must be short: maximum length accepted is 10,000 words
- Artwork submitted must be in a printable medium: videos, slideshows, or audio tracks are not publishable by The Weird and Whatnot at this time
- No explicit content
- Submission Form & Contract with your submission email
Compensation for published works will be as follows: $10 for written works 1000 words or more (including graphic stories); $5 for artwork and written works less than 1000 words. Send submissions via email in an attached digital copy (Word files are preferred for prose and poetry) to [email protected]
Via: The Weird and Whatnot.
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019