Payment: $10 for written works 1000 words or more, $5 for written works less than 1000 words.
The Weird and Whatnot is dedicated to making publication as painless as possible for our contributors. We will respond to all submissions, questions, and queries within a month, and will always try to treat your piece with the same care you do.
- Must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, alternative history, magical realism, slipstream, or horror
- All work must be original: we cannot accept fan-fiction
- Short stories must be short: maximum length accepted is 10,000 words
- Artwork submitted must be in a printable medium: videos, slideshows, or audio tracks are not publishable by The Weird and Whatnot at this time
- No explicit content
- Submission Form & Contract with your submission email
Compensation for published works will be as follows: $10 for written works 1000 words or more (including graphic stories); $5 for artwork and written works less than 1000 words. Send submissions via email in an attached digital copy (Word files are preferred for prose and poetry) to [email protected]
Via: The Weird and Whatnot.
- Unholy Trinity – Marauders, Missing, Mission - May 24, 2019
- Video Refresh: An Interview With Josh Finney & Patrick McEvoy - May 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Funny Queer - May 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Legendary Tales - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom June 2019 - May 23, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Soft Surface Poetry - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Twofer Compendium - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Putrescent Poems - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Grifty Shades of Fey - May 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creature Feature Novellas - May 21, 2019