Payment: $10 for written works 1000 words or more, $5 for written works less than 1000 words.
The Weird and Whatnot is dedicated to making publication as painless as possible for our contributors. We will respond to all submissions, questions, and queries within a month, and will always try to treat your piece with the same care you do.
- Must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, alternative history, magical realism, slipstream, or horror
- All work must be original: we cannot accept fan-fiction
- Short stories must be short: maximum length accepted is 10,000 words
- Artwork submitted must be in a printable medium: videos, slideshows, or audio tracks are not publishable by The Weird and Whatnot at this time
- No explicit content
- Submission Form & Contract with your submission email
Compensation for published works will be as follows: $10 for written works 1000 words or more (including graphic stories); $5 for artwork and written works less than 1000 words. Send submissions via email in an attached digital copy (Word files are preferred for prose and poetry) to [email protected]
Via: The Weird and Whatnot.
- Taking Submissions: A Tribute to H.G. Wells: Stories inspired by the Master of Science Fiction - November 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Once Upon a Future Time, Vol 2. - November 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018