Payment: $10 for written works 1000 words or more, $5 for written works less than 1000 words.
The Weird and Whatnot is dedicated to making publication as painless as possible for our contributors. We will respond to all submissions, questions, and queries within a month, and will always try to treat your piece with the same care you do.
- Must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, alternative history, magical realism, slipstream, or horror
- All work must be original: we cannot accept fan-fiction
- Short stories must be short: maximum length accepted is 10,000 words
- Artwork submitted must be in a printable medium: videos, slideshows, or audio tracks are not publishable by The Weird and Whatnot at this time
- No explicit content
- Submission Form & Contract with your submission email
Compensation for published works will be as follows: $10 for written works 1000 words or more (including graphic stories); $5 for artwork and written works less than 1000 words. Send submissions via email in an attached digital copy (Word files are preferred for prose and poetry) to [email protected]
Via: The Weird and Whatnot.
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creatures - January 14, 2019