For each submission that I accept, I’m offering $20.00 for first serial rights of your piece. Payment will be made upon publication via Paypal.
I know, it’s not much, but it’s a start, right?
I’m looking for great fiction and/or non-fiction to feature on my Writer’s Thread Showcase Channel. I want material that grabs your attention, leaves you thinking, and make you want to tell stories around the campfire again. I’ll take a look at stories from all walks of life, including those featuring LGBTQIA themes and characters. If the story is that good, that memorable, I want to see it.
If you don’t hear back from me within 30 days of submission, please assume that the story simply isn’t what I’m looking for.
So without further ado, here are the rules of submission.
- All entries must be between 50 and 5,000 words in length. No exceptions.
- All entries must be made via. No regular submissions will be accepted at this time. Please send your submission to info(at)writersthread.com with the subject line of “Submission — Title–Your Name”
- Please send an edited copy. If accepted, the story will appear as is, except for editing for grammar, typos, etc.
- Simultaneous submissions and translated stories are fine, provided that the author
a) let me know if it is accepted elsewhere,
b) provides information on the original author, including the author’s expressed permission to publish, and his/her/their information in order to provide credit.
- Except in the cases of translations, absolutely everything must be your own work.
- If you wish to provide original artwork or photography to go with your story, I will accept JPEG files that have a height of 455 pixels and a width of 525 pixels.
- The subject matter is up to you, but keep it rated PG-13 or below.
- Please make sure to include a valid email address with your submission
- Submissions are always open, but only one submission per month will be read per author.
Via: The Writer’s Thread.
- Unholy Trinity – Marauders, Missing, Mission - May 24, 2019
- Video Refresh: An Interview With Josh Finney & Patrick McEvoy - May 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Funny Queer - May 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Legendary Tales - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom June 2019 - May 23, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Soft Surface Poetry - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Twofer Compendium - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Putrescent Poems - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Grifty Shades of Fey - May 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creature Feature Novellas - May 21, 2019