Payment: $0.05/words up to 1,000 words, with a minimum payment of $25 and a maximum of $50
The Forge Literary Magazine publishes one prose piece per week selected by a rotating cast of editors. Each submission is read anonymously by two editors. If a story is chosen to move forward, it is read by one of two rotating Editors of the Month who each make final decisions on the stories they receive. Since we are a diverse, international group of writers, our tastes and styles are wide-ranging. Read more about us here.
Fiction and Nonfiction
We accept unsolicited submissions via Submittable. Again, since we read anonymously, please do not put your name anywhere in the file. We prefer stories below 3,000 words but will consider work of rare quality up to 5,000 words. We love flash and micro prose. Please send one previously unpublished piece per category and wait to hear from us before submitting another. Reprints are by solicitation only. Literary excellence is our only criteria. We are open to all genres and voices, and stories with any background, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual and personal identity from all over the world. We accept and encourage simultaneous submissions, but please withdraw promptly via Submittable if your piece is accepted elsewhere. Please do not inquire about the status of your submission until three months has passed. If you are a former contributor, please wait at least six months before you submit again; we only publish one piece per contributor per year.
Sorry, poets. We admire what you do but sadly, we only read prose for the time being.
Payment and Rights
We pay, upon publication, $0.05/words up to 1,000 words, with a minimum payment of $25 and a maximum of $50. We request exclusive worldwide English language rights to publish in the Forge Literary Magazine, an online journal, for a period of three months, after which all rights revert to the author. Authors outside the U.S. must be able to receive payment via Paypal.
Via: Forge Lit Magazine.
- Ongoing Submissions: Reckoning Magazine - April 26, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - April 26, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nature’s ‘Futures’ - April 25, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 5. Wet Ash - April 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018