Ongoing Submissions: Shacklebound Books Monthly Newsletter
Theme: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror are all accepted, but we generally publish dark fiction and as such those are strongly prefered.
Payment: .02 per word, .01 per word for reprints.
Note: Reprints Welcome
Note: 250 words or less
Please read the guidelines very carefully. Stories submitted that do not conform to the guidelines will not be read.
We are a small press. We hope to increase pay rates for all of our anthologies and future projects over time.
- Stories submitted for the monthly newsletter must be 250 words or less.
- Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror are all accepted, but we generally publish dark fiction and as such those are strongly prefered.
- The newsletter stories will be sent at the beginning of the month in our free monthly newsletter and will eventually be collected in a digital and print anthology.
- A simple contract will be sent outlining terms but we are requiring no exclusivity. Once your story is published in the newsletter, you are free to sell it elsewhere.
- Compensation: .02 per word, .01 per word for reprints.
- Submit each story with the subject line “Newsletter Submission: [Story Title] – [Author Name]” to [email protected]. Send stories attached as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf. If submitting more than one story send each in a separate email. Please include a bio in third person of no more than 20 words.
- Please state in your email if the submission is original or a reprint and where it was originally published.
- We encourage you to sign up for our newsletter.
Via: Shacklebound Books.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!