Payment: $25 and contributor’s copy
Nightscript will be published annually, during the grand month of October, in both trade and electronic editions. Each anthology will feature twelve contemporary fictions ranging in length from 2,000 to 7,000 words.
N. is a venue for ‘strange tales’, a term used to describe fictions supernatural, uncanny, weird, and so forth. In other words, I am looking for subtle and darksome literary horror. If you feel that your work has been inspired in no small part by authors such as Robert Aickman, Shirley Jackson, Dennis Etchison, Flannery O’Connor, Terry Lamsley, Lisa Tuttle, Thomas Owen, Mary Shelley, Arthur Machen, then N. is probably the venue for you.
Authors are asked to submit their original tales via the email provided below and should allow 2-4 weeks for a response. The reading period will begin January 1st and end March 31st — though of course there may come a time when the spigot must be closed early due to volume or the final acceptance of tales.
Please submit either .rtf or .doc files to: [email protected]
Payment is a miserly $25 (with the hope that in future years this figure will increase) and includes one contributor’s copy.
N. is a labor of love, and as such I shall endeavor to produce an aesthetically pleasing product for which all contributors can feel proud.
That said, I look forward to reading your work!
Thank you kindly for your interest.
C.M. Muller, editor & publisher
P.S. The slated cover image above is one half of a painting by Theodor Kittelsen, entitled “Nøkken” (1904). It is provided at this early stage to give an impression of the understated horrors I seek to acquire.
Via: C.M. Muller.
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: SINCERELY, S.O.V. - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions:: Switchblade: Tech Noir - March 18, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 03/17/2019 - March 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - March 15, 2019