Payment: $25 and contributor’s copy
Nightscript will be published annually, during the grand month of October, in both trade and electronic editions. Each anthology will feature twelve contemporary fictions ranging in length from 2,000 to 7,000 words.
N. is a venue for ‘strange tales’, a term used to describe fictions supernatural, uncanny, weird, and so forth. In other words, I am looking for subtle and darksome literary horror. If you feel that your work has been inspired in no small part by authors such as Robert Aickman, Shirley Jackson, Dennis Etchison, Flannery O’Connor, Terry Lamsley, Lisa Tuttle, Thomas Owen, Mary Shelley, Arthur Machen, then N. is probably the venue for you.
Authors are asked to submit their original tales via the email provided below and should allow 2-4 weeks for a response. The reading period will begin January 1st and end March 31st — though of course there may come a time when the spigot must be closed early due to volume or the final acceptance of tales.
Please submit either .rtf or .doc files to: [email protected]
Payment is a miserly $25 (with the hope that in future years this figure will increase) and includes one contributor’s copy.
N. is a labor of love, and as such I shall endeavor to produce an aesthetically pleasing product for which all contributors can feel proud.
That said, I look forward to reading your work!
Thank you kindly for your interest.
C.M. Muller, editor & publisher
P.S. The slated cover image above is one half of a painting by Theodor Kittelsen, entitled “Nøkken” (1904). It is provided at this early stage to give an impression of the understated horrors I seek to acquire.
Via: C.M. Muller.
- Trembling With Fear 05/26/2019 - May 26, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Syntax & Salt - May 24, 2019
- Unholy Trinity – Marauders, Missing, Mission - May 24, 2019
- Video Refresh: An Interview With Josh Finney & Patrick McEvoy - May 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Funny Queer - May 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Legendary Tales - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom June 2019 - May 23, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Soft Surface Poetry - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Twofer Compendium - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Putrescent Poems - May 22, 2019