Payment: ½ cent per word
The Martian Wave publishes science fiction works that center around the exploration and colonization of outer space, with an emphasis on our solar system. We prefer stories set around that theme, but we will also accept stories that are set in that timeframe. If it doesn’t fit that description, then it’s not right for TMW.
All submissions will receive a response within three months of being submitted. It’s usually a lot quicker, but as we’ve all learned recently, things sometimes happen that are beyond our control…so we will endeavor to respond quicker than two months, but we won’t guarantee it. Time permitting, we may comment on rejected manuscripts.
Fiction must revolve around the zine’s theme, no exceptions. Stories set in our solar system will be our priority, but we will certainly accept stories set outside of our solar system…but please stick to the zines’ theme.
We’re looking for stories up to 7,500 words. We will still not read simultaneous submissions, nor will we be reading reprints for the new print zine. Payment for first rights will be ½ cent per word for First Rights.
To get a feel for what we publish, please pick up a copy of the zine at http://nomadicdeliriumpress.com/tmw.htm
For poetry, it’s the same thing. Poems must revolve around the idea of the colonization and exploration of space. Payment will be $5 per poem, on publication for first rights. No reprints or simultaneous submissions.
The 2016 issue is now full for poetry.
At this time we are not looking for art submissions.
All submissions must use standard manuscript formatting. Please send all submissions as attachments in rtf. We are no longer reading Word submissions. I will read poetry submissions that are sent pasted into messages, but I’d prefer attachments. Please also include a brief third person authors’ bio.
Don’t send work that is based in other people’s universes. All works must be original with no threat of copyright infringement. All submissions should be sent to themartianwave at yahoo dot com. The Matian Wave DOES NOT accept snail-mail submissions. We’re not including the e-mail address as a hyperlink because of spammers, but we’re confident you can figure out what to do with that address…
Via: Nomadic Delirium Press.
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019