Payment: 35 CAD (25 USD)
We are an upcoming flash fiction e-zine and we are looking for previously unpublished stories between 500-2000 words, with an emphasis on shorter pieces. We accept work in every genre and style. One rule: send us your best stories. We are looking for vivid, engaging, and well-paced writing – stories that excite you, characters that make an impact.
We pay 35 CAD (25 USD) for non-exclusive digital rights (to publish your piece on this site), first print rights (to publish your piece in one magazine issue), and non-exclusive one-time anthology rights (if your story is selected, to publish it once in an anthology). Payment for serials are set on an individual basis.
All payments are conducted through PayPal.
If your story is available online (e.g. dropbox/personal blog), you can submit your story directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Otherwise, send an email to [email protected] with “SUBMISSION – (your story name)” in the subject line and your story attached in a .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf file. The body of the email should be as follows:
- Name (or pen name):
- Title of Story:
- Word Count:
You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, and you can expect to hear back from us in 2 weeks or less. We are not able to guarentee feedback.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Please exercise good taste: no fan-fiction, hate speech, or excessive violence/gore/sex/crude language
- Up to three stories per submission, one submission per week
- Do not include personal information in the files/links submitted – our submission process is blind
- International submissions welcome!
To submit, head on over to: Buckshot Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018