Kraken Press is open to submissions. Submissions that don’t follow the guidelines will not be read.
1. We accept unsolicited novels, novellas and short story collections, up to 120.000 words. Collections are generally a really hard sell for us, so query first.
2. We are interested in seeing manuscripts in the genres of horror, dark fantasy and weird fiction. More importantly, we’re interested in fresh writing. We’re not likely to publish anything with vampires, werewolves or zombies. We do not publish sci-fi that doesn’t have a horror bend.
3. Submissions should include a short cover letter (contact info, brief bio), a synopsis of your book and the first 4 or 5 chapters of your book. Attach one document with a synopsis and one with the novel.
4. Submissions without attachments or no synopsis attached will not be read.
5. Multiple submissions are okay.
6. Simultaneous submissions are okay.
7. Email us your manuscript as an attachment (DOC or RTF).
8. Current response time: 30 days.
Writers we like:
Caitlin R. Kiernan, Graham Joyce, Richard Laymon, Joe Lansdale, Thomas Tessier, Gemma Files, Jack Ketchum, Clive Barker, Jonathan Carroll, John Connolly, Neil Gaiman, John Ajvide Lindquist, Holly Black, Chuck Palahniuk, Jeffrey Thomas, Catherynne M. Valente, Jonathan Maberry, David Moody, Tom Piccirilli, Norman Partridge, Jeff Strand, David Wong, Warren Ellis, Joe Hill, Sarah Langan, Lucius Shepard.
Slush pile editor is George Cotronis.
Via: Kraken’s Submittable.
- Taking Submissions: American Cult - March 25, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 03/24/2019 - March 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019