The Horror Writers Association (HWA), the premier organization of writers and publishers of horror and dark fantasy, today announced it has signed with Writers House, one of the world’s largest literary agencies.
Based in New York City, Writers House has a history of representing a diverse list of authors, including winners of the National Book Award, Hugo Award, World Fantasy Award, and Pulitzer Prize. Their author lists boast industry giants such as Neil Gaiman, Jonathan Franzen, Ken Follett, and Octavia E. Butler.
Alec Shane, who began his career with Writers House in 2008, will be HWA’s representative at the agency.
“I fell in love with horror at a very young age, so to be able to represent an organization like the HWA as an adult is a dream come true. The amount of talent, energy, knowledge, and enthusiasm that the Horror Writers Association brings to the table in regards to the genre is unparalleled, and it’s an honor to call myself their agent,” said Shane.
“We are thrilled to work with Alec on continuing HWA’s legacy of quality books. Alec is young, enthusiastic, and a dedicated horror-lover, so we look forward to an exciting and profitable relationship,” said HWA President Lisa Morton.
The Horror Writers Association is a nonprofit organization of writers and publishing professionals around the world, dedicated to promoting dark literature and the interests of those who write it. The HWA formed in 1985 with the help of many of the field’s greats, including Dean Koontz, Robert McCammon, and Joe Lansdale. Today, with over 1300 members around the globe, it is the oldest and most respected professional organization for the much-loved writers who have brought you the most enjoyable sleepless nights of your life. The Horror Writers Association is the home of the prestigious Bram Stoker Award® and the creator of the annual StokerCon horror convention.
For more on the Horror Writers Association, please visit www.horror.org.
For more on Writers House, please visit www.writershouse.com.
- Taking Submissions: This Never Happened! Alternate History Farce and Fantasy - January 18, 2019
- Video Refresh: Stephen Herczeg Interview - January 18, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019