If you’ve thought about publishing a book, chances are that you’ve heard a few things about promotions. Whether you choose to self-publish your novel or you opt to go with a publisher, you’ll need to take on the responsibility of marketing your book to readers. While your book might be an amazing story – maybe even the best ever written – readers won’t be able to enjoy it if they’ve never even heard of the book. That’s where marketing comes in. When it comes to getting the word about your book out, there are literally an unlimited number of ways that you can promote your story.
- Encourage readers to leave book reviews on Amazon
- Ask bloggers to conduct product reviews
- Offer interviews or guest posts on blogs
- Hire a promotion company to market their book
- Hand out flyers at local bookstores or coffee shops
- Offer to autograph books at a nearby bookstore
- Pay for ad space on book blogs or websites
- Post on Facebook or Twitter
- Share pictures of their book cover on Pinterest
- Post about their books in writing communities, such as message boards or Facebook groups
No matter how you choose to promote your book, the key is to be consistent and to be patient. While you might not notice a huge increase in sales immediately, you need to continue to market your book on a regular basis. Sometimes readers need to see your book and to hear about it a few times before they decide to buy it. While you’re waiting for your book to take off, you can also view this as the perfect time to start working on your next novel. After all, you’ll want to have something ready when your fan base starts to grow!
Guest post by: Beth Jones
Beth Jones is a full time writer and blogs at The Hungry Freelancer. The Hungry Freelancer was started in 2011 as a way to help writers find new online jobs, as well as to connect indie writers with new readers. Since its creation it has grown in leaps and bounds and now receives nearly 10,000 visitors each month. You can also follow the site on Facebook.
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction #4 - April 27, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Violet Hour Magazine August/September 2017 Issue - April 18, 2017