The Horror Writers Association (HWA), the premier organization of writers and publishers of horror and dark fantasy, today announced it has signed with Writers House, one of the world’s largest literary agencies.
Based in New York City, Writers House has a history of representing a diverse list of authors, including winners of the National Book Award, Hugo Award, World Fantasy Award, and Pulitzer Prize. Their author lists boast industry giants such as Neil Gaiman, Jonathan Franzen, Ken Follett, and Octavia E. Butler.
Alec Shane, who began his career with Writers House in 2008, will be HWA’s representative at the agency.
“I fell in love with horror at a very young age, so to be able to represent an organization like the HWA as an adult is a dream come true. The amount of talent, energy, knowledge, and enthusiasm that the Horror Writers Association brings to the table in regards to the genre is unparalleled, and it’s an honor to call myself their agent,” said Shane.
“We are thrilled to work with Alec on continuing HWA’s legacy of quality books. Alec is young, enthusiastic, and a dedicated horror-lover, so we look forward to an exciting and profitable relationship,” said HWA President Lisa Morton.
The Horror Writers Association is a nonprofit organization of writers and publishing professionals around the world, dedicated to promoting dark literature and the interests of those who write it. The HWA formed in 1985 with the help of many of the field’s greats, including Dean Koontz, Robert McCammon, and Joe Lansdale. Today, with over 1300 members around the globe, it is the oldest and most respected professional organization for the much-loved writers who have brought you the most enjoyable sleepless nights of your life. The Horror Writers Association is the home of the prestigious Bram Stoker Award® and the creator of the annual StokerCon horror convention.
For more on the Horror Writers Association, please visit www.horror.org.
For more on Writers House, please visit www.writershouse.com.
- Taking Submissions: Eye to the Telescope 25: Garbage - May 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: More Alternative Truths - May 25, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Dreams & Nightmares - May 24, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Not One Of Us - May 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Spooky Isles Book of Horror - May 22, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 05/21/2017 - May 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Still Waters - May 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 32/59 - May 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Intelligence in Fiction - May 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Retro Future Issue #4 - May 16, 2017