At Winter Tangerine, we want the electric. We aim to disrupt the status quo. To amplify the unheard. To account for the unaccounted. To publish the unconventional, confront the uncomfortable, marvel in the mundane.
We publish issues twice a year. We are currently open for free submissions in poetry, prose, and visual art.
Before you submit, please look over these guidelines.
- Submissions are read without names or identifying factors so please do not put any identifying information on the document you upload to Submittable, or in your title. We automatically reject submissions that do not follow this, so please look over your submission before you press send.
- Please send all poetry submissions in Times New Roman or Garamond, size 12.
- Please send all prose submissions in Times New Roman, double-spaced, size 12.
- Please send a cover letter with your submission. The cover letter should include a brief biography and the title of your pieces. This letter cannot be viewed by our reading staff so your identity will not be revealed to those considering your work.
- Please include an artist statement on the first page of your submission. Use this space to show how your identity helps shapes your work. This statement will not be included in publication — it’s for us to have an extra lens when viewing your work. Literature does not exist in a vacuum; identity is an important shaping factor in any artist’s work. Please do not include your name or specifically identifying information in this statement.
- We like works that combine and subvert language. Pieces in English that weave other languages are welcome.
- We do not accept previously published work. If your piece has been published anywhere other than a personal blog/website, please don’t submit it. This includes submissions through Tip Jar and to any of our Spotlight or Spitfire Series features.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please inform us through Submittable if your work has been accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Please send your work in one singular submission, within the appropriate category. If you want to send four poems and two short stories, please send the poems in one document through the Poetry category, and the short stories in one document through the Prose category.
- We will not consider erotica or graphic violence. We also will not consider misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise bigoted work. Be thoughtful.
- Contributors to all WT issues, regardless of genre, are compensated with $50 flatly. Contributors retain their copyrights. We reserve the right to feature any excerpt or image in promotional work or a “Best of WT” anthology in perpetuity.
- Winter Tangerine publishes exclusively online.
- We only accept submissions through Submittable. You can ask us questions through email, but just in terms of logistics, we can’t look over work sent to our email address.
- It can take some time for us to respond to you. It might be a day or it might be several months. Sometimes we get backlogged. Actually, we are almost always backlogged. Sadly, we don’t have the capacity to provide status updates on submissions. Please do not email us asking for a status update — we do not have the capacity to respond. If your work is “In-Progress” on Submittable, that means we are still actively considering it.
We truly appreciate the incredible level of interest in our magazine and will get back to you as soon as we possibly can. We look forward to reading your work!
Via: Winter Tangerine.
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #22 - February 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Occult - February 18, 2019
- ‘Dominic’s Ghosts’ Blog Tour – And Get off My Lawn… Some Writerly Advice from 30 Years of Doing This - February 18, 2019
- WIHM: Knowing Your Industry - February 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/17/2019 - February 17, 2019
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019