Payment: 10% royalty on issue sales.
The goal of Under the Bed is to give readers horror stories that are fresh, tightly written, and most of all, scary. Reading with your back to the wall, occasionally getting up to check all the locks, hiding under the blankets–scary.
FictionMagazines.com(FMDC) publishes seven monthly magazines; one for each major genre of fiction. Stories of all types may find their home in our publications, though perhaps not on the first try. We offer feedback on every declined submission which follows our guidelines.
Upon acceptance, contributors are expected to collaborate with editors, FMDC staff, and other contributors to revise their submission, as well as promote the issue to which their work is accepted.
- Compensation: 10% royalty on issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and FictionMagazines.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by peer review. Apply to curate.
- Word count: 4,250 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: We prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No double spaces or manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing. Apply to edit.
Feel free to contact the editors with questions.
- Taking Submissions: This Never Happened! Alternate History Farce and Fantasy - January 18, 2019
- Video Refresh: Stephen Herczeg Interview - January 18, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019