Payment: 10% royalty on issue sales.
The goal of Under the Bed is to give readers horror stories that are fresh, tightly written, and most of all, scary. Reading with your back to the wall, occasionally getting up to check all the locks, hiding under the blankets–scary.
FictionMagazines.com(FMDC) publishes seven monthly magazines; one for each major genre of fiction. Stories of all types may find their home in our publications, though perhaps not on the first try. We offer feedback on every declined submission which follows our guidelines.
Upon acceptance, contributors are expected to collaborate with editors, FMDC staff, and other contributors to revise their submission, as well as promote the issue to which their work is accepted.
- Compensation: 10% royalty on issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and FictionMagazines.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by peer review. Apply to curate.
- Word count: 4,250 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: We prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No double spaces or manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing. Apply to edit.
Feel free to contact the editors with questions.
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019