Payment: 10% royalty on issue sales.
The goal of Under the Bed is to give readers horror stories that are fresh, tightly written, and most of all, scary. Reading with your back to the wall, occasionally getting up to check all the locks, hiding under the blankets–scary.
FictionMagazines.com(FMDC) publishes seven monthly magazines; one for each major genre of fiction. Stories of all types may find their home in our publications, though perhaps not on the first try. We offer feedback on every declined submission which follows our guidelines.
Upon acceptance, contributors are expected to collaborate with editors, FMDC staff, and other contributors to revise their submission, as well as promote the issue to which their work is accepted.
- Compensation: 10% royalty on issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and FictionMagazines.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by peer review. Apply to curate.
- Word count: 4,250 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: We prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No double spaces or manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing. Apply to edit.
Feel free to contact the editors with questions.
- Trembling With Fear 02/18/2018 - February 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018
- WIHM: But I AM a nice girl. - February 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lit Mag - February 13, 2018
- WIHM: How To Horror - February 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The First Line – Summer 2018 - February 12, 2018