Payment: $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words
Note: We accept a set number of submissions each month. To maximize your chance of getting your work to us, please try us early in the month.
We welcome unsolicited submissions. We read them blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history. Only as we complete the selection process do we reveal to ourselves what your name is and who you are.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
What do we want? We’ll look at any genre. We like serious, comic, lighthearted, dark, emotional, and acerbic. The important factor for us is that the work use story, characters, emotions, and other fundamental elements of storytelling to think, to ask questions, to move the mind forward. To get a better idea what the heck that means, check out a few of our stories and read this essay about why we call ourselves The Stoneslide Corrective.
- Taking Submissions: Gruesome Games - July 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Mythical Girls - July 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2019 - July 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019
- Open Novel Submissions: Mobius Books - July 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Longevity - July 10, 2019