Theme: Stories of all genres and themes that are entertaining, engaging, well-written, and interesting
Note: Reprints Welcome
How long should my story be?
- For “Fiction Friday” stories (fictional short stories) we accept stories between 2,000-10,000 words.
- For “Truesday” stories (true stories) we don’t have a minimum or maximum length.
Can I submit more than one story?
Yes! But we ask that you only submit one story per form submission, so feel free to use the form more than once. No more than 3 submissions at a time please.
How long does it take you to respond to submissions?
We try to get back to submissions as soon as possible! Typically, we’ll reach out to you within 7-14. We personally respond to every submission.
What kind of stories do you look for?
We look for stories of all genres and themes that are entertaining, engaging, well-written, and interesting.
Can I be on your podcast?
If your story is selected, absolutely! We’ll either record an interview with you or send a few follow-up questions (if you don’t want to be on the show) that you can answer on your own time for us to share.
Fiction Submission Guidelines
How to Send Us Your Work: We accept submissions through our submission system. We do not accept submissions through email.
Timing: Submissions may be sent to us at any time, year-round.
Response Time: Our response time varies from 1 to 2 weeks. We personally respond to all submissions.
Word Count & Genre: We are currently accepting short stories between 2,000 and 10,000 words of any genre/topic.
Promotion: We want you to succeed as a writer. Upon release of your story, we will promote you on our instagram, twitter, facebook, verbally on our podcast, and on our website. Please provide any links you’d like promoted when submitting your story.
Multiple submissions: A total of THREE submissions per author will be reviewed at a time.
Reprints: Work has been entered and published elsewhere will be considered, however,
please let us know on the submission form where and when your story has been used elsewhere.
Rights: Your story rights remain with you. You may post/submit your story anywhere and ask us to remove your episode at any point. If your story eventually gets a contract that prohibits us from having it on our channel, please let us know ASAP.
Payment: $5 through paypal or venmo, and endless promotion (see above).
Via: Story Brewing Podcast.
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020
- WIHM: Redefining the Horror Genre - February 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Gotta Wear Eclipse Glasses - February 17, 2020