Payment: $1.50 for everyone, and $10.00 for those marked “Editor’s Choice.”
Inwood Indiana has been publishing issues since 2010. Each issue features both new and established writers. We consider publishing all forms of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction under 5000 words.
It’s still free to submit!
Many excellent journals charge fees for either online or offline submissions (or both). We all understand those funds are needed to send contributors a copy, or otherwise generate income. More than 70% of journals today do not pay anything. These types of practices are understandable, but frustrating to writers.
Fortunately, Inwood Indiana submissions are still free.
All journals have some financial strategy to stay afloat, and those decisions are often difficult trade-offs.
What are our trade-offs?
- We don’t require writers to pay anything to submit.
- We are in the minority of journals that DO pay cash (via PayPal because it’s easy and convenient).
- Along with publication, writers also receive a 1 Year Subscription to Inwood Indiana online ($20 Value).Cons:
- We cannot afford to send free paperback copies.
- Token payments are small.
By submitting, you are acknowledging these terms.
1. Your work has not been previously printed elsewhere. You maintain all future-use rights to your work.
2. You affirm your submission is your own creation and no part of your submission is in the public domain.
3. You may submit up to 5 times each issue.
4. You may withdraw any “pending” submission prior to acceptance by logging into the submission manager (just click “withdraw”). Once accepted, you will need to contact us to withdraw a submission.
- We do not charge you to submit your work.
- We do not charge a reading fee for general submissions.
- We prefer you limit your submissions to 5 per issue.
- Remember to separate your submissions.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine.
- One token payment allowed per issue.
- Token payments are currently $1.50 for everyone, and $10.00 for those marked “Editor’s Choice.”
- Online subscriptions are disbursed after publication.
- Cash payments are paid by PayPal to any address you designate.Special consideration is given to works with these themes:* Inwood Indiana
* Small Towns
* Eerie / Spooky
We prefer submissions using our submission manager. However, we still accept submissions by mail.
To submit by mail, follow these directions:
* Include up to 5 submissions on separate sheets without contact info.
* Submissions spanning multiple pages should be collated and stapled together.
* Include your contact info on a cover page with your bio.
* Include a SASE for notices – or your email address.
* Submissions will not be returned without sufficient postage.
Prolific Press Inc.
Inwood Indiana Editor
P.O. Box 5315
Johnstown, PA 15904
Via: Inwood Indiana.
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018