Payment: 6 cents a word
Welcome to Hard Universe, where the math is strong, the science both lifts and limits, and the theories are robust. In the coming pages we will provide science fiction based on plausibility and humanity, on the stand-up potentials of the human spirit faced with the finite yet unbounded qualities of the Universe’s inbuilt rules.
At the onset, Hard Universe will be quarterly. Each issue will launch from a classic science fiction tale to inspire modern stories in the same vein. Classic stories will be posted for inspiration to authors and readers during each issue’s submission phase. We are not looking for sequels, prequels, or “coquels,” but rather stories with similarity in those ineffable qualities of good adventure and an imbibed sense of wonder. Keep the pedigree, kill the clones.
With your submission, please include a short bio along with a brief explanation as to how your story connects with the issue’s theme story.
We are looking for stories that fall between 2000 and 3500 words, although we will consider stories outside this range if they carry enough sensa wondah. We will be reading submissions until 30 September 18 at midnight.
Payment for authors will be SFWA profession rates of 6 cents a word. Payment will be made at the time of publication and be made in cryptocurrency equivalent to 6 cents a word at the time of publication.
At this time we are not looking for reprints.
Email your submissions to [email protected] as DOC or TXT attachments carrying the header [Author Name – Story Title].
We are currently looking for readers. If you are interested in helping establish the direction of a new venue, please email us at [email protected].
Via: Hard Universe.
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fire and Brimstone - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cafe Irreal August 2019 - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: NEO-OPSIS - May 15, 2019
- Many Indie Book Stores Are Losing Their Distributor, Here Are New Options For Them! - May 15, 2019