The Fine Print
Bracken supports diversity in speculative fiction and welcomes stories by and about individuals of all ages, classes, disabilities, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, races, religions, and sexual orientations.
Bracken purchases first worldwide English-language serial and electronic rights. Each story or poem we acquire will be published on brackenmagazine.com in an electronic quarterly issue. We may also excerpt stories and poems for promotional purposes. The author retains all other rights.
Send all submissions in the body of an email to subs AT brackenmagazine.com. Read on to find out more about what we’re looking for. We aim to respond within 30 days.
We’re seeking lyrical, character-driven myths, born out of the wood. We accept most genres, although we’re biased toward magic realism. Send us your in-between-genre pieces, your heart’s tears, your midnight reveries. We’ll take good care of them.
- 2,500 words or less
- original and unpublished
- no simultaneous or multiple submissions
- subject line: Fiction Sub “<Your Story Title>”
- your name and contact information
- the title of your piece and word count
- a bit about yourself, including brief publication history
- your story in the body of the email; no attachments
VIa: Bracken Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Urban Crime - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: American Gothic - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: 2100 A Health Odyssey Contest - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Zooscape - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nanoism - September 24, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018
- Video Refresh: Finding Your Identity - September 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - September 20, 2018