The Fine Print
Bracken supports diversity in speculative fiction and welcomes stories by and about individuals of all ages, classes, disabilities, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, races, religions, and sexual orientations.
Bracken purchases first worldwide English-language serial and electronic rights. Each story or poem we acquire will be published on brackenmagazine.com in an electronic quarterly issue. We may also excerpt stories and poems for promotional purposes. The author retains all other rights.
Send all submissions in the body of an email to subs AT brackenmagazine.com. Read on to find out more about what we’re looking for. We aim to respond within 30 days.
We’re seeking lyrical, character-driven myths, born out of the wood. We accept most genres, although we’re biased toward magic realism. Send us your in-between-genre pieces, your heart’s tears, your midnight reveries. We’ll take good care of them.
- 2,500 words or less
- original and unpublished
- no simultaneous or multiple submissions
- subject line: Fiction Sub “<Your Story Title>”
- your name and contact information
- the title of your piece and word count
- a bit about yourself, including brief publication history
- your story in the body of the email; no attachments
VIa: Bracken Magazine.
- Trembling With Fear 09/24/2017 - September 24, 2017
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with William Cook - September 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017