The Fine Print
Bracken supports diversity in speculative fiction and welcomes stories by and about individuals of all ages, classes, disabilities, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, races, religions, and sexual orientations.
Bracken purchases first worldwide English-language serial and electronic rights. Each story or poem we acquire will be published on brackenmagazine.com in an electronic quarterly issue. We may also excerpt stories and poems for promotional purposes. The author retains all other rights.
Send all submissions in the body of an email to subs AT brackenmagazine.com. Read on to find out more about what we’re looking for. We aim to respond within 30 days.
We’re seeking lyrical, character-driven myths, born out of the wood. We accept most genres, although we’re biased toward magic realism. Send us your in-between-genre pieces, your heart’s tears, your midnight reveries. We’ll take good care of them.
- 2,500 words or less
- original and unpublished
- no simultaneous or multiple submissions
- subject line: Fiction Sub “<Your Story Title>”
- your name and contact information
- the title of your piece and word count
- a bit about yourself, including brief publication history
- your story in the body of the email; no attachments
VIa: Bracken Magazine.
- ‘Still Dark’ Blog Tour – The Most Important Class I Ever Took - January 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Temporal Fractures: [Mis]Adventures in Time - January 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Schlock! Horror! - January 22, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 01/21/2018 - January 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lost Souls and Robots & Artificial Intelligence - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Internet is Where the Robots Live Now Anthology - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nefariam: The Element of Crime - January 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: City In The Ice - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nightscript Volume 4 - January 16, 2018