Payment: $0.25/line for poetry up to 50 lines and $0.06/word for prose up to 1000 words
Note: Limited reprints allowed, query first!
recompose is a magazine of interstitial short works – both prose and poetry. We are looking for flash fiction and poems that walk the line between one of the “speculative” genres —science fiction, fantasy, and horror— and the literary genre. There’s a lot of space in those cracks, but there must be both a discernible integral speculative element and a literary element. While horror is a speculative genre, we ask that you be cautious with the use of graphic sex or sexual assault and avoid gratutitous use of either.
Original work strongly preferred; query first for reprints.
No more than three poems OR one fiction per e-mail.
We are particularly interested in seeing stories from underrepresented populations (eg: people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT people).
We are looking for poetry and short prose works. We are paying professional rates: $0.25/line for poetry up to 50 lines and $0.06/word for prose up to 1000 words. You may submit works that slightly exceed those limits; just be aware of the pay limits. You can see a sample contract for Alliteration Ink at http://bit.ly/ainkmagazinecontract. As per that template, for original works we will be asking for one-year exclusive print and digital rights (with exceptions), and five year non-exclusive print and digital rights. All other rights reside with the author.
Submitted stories must be in standard manuscript format (see William Shunn’s excellent guide) and submitted in rtf, doc, or docx file format. Please make sure your name, email address, word or line count, and title of your story are on the first page of your manuscript. Do include a short bio of less than 50 words.
The subject line of your email should follow this format:
Poem: Title of Poem(s) or Prose: Title of Story
Stories that do not follow these guidelines may face summary rejection.
Submissions should be sent to [email protected]
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: SINCERELY, S.O.V. - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions:: Switchblade: Tech Noir - March 18, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 03/17/2019 - March 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - March 15, 2019