Ongoing Submissions: Agnes And True
Payment: $75.00 (CAD) per story
We accept submissions of short fiction year-round. Please read the guidelines below to determine whether or not your work would be suitable for our journal.
Agnes and True is a Canadian online literary journal. As such, we are dedicated to providing a place for the work of Canadian writers, both established and emerging. While we accept submissions from outside Canada, we do place an emphasis on works of fiction that exhibit a Canadian sensibility.
As our name suggests, Agnes and True celebrates the achievement of women. In addition, we are particularly interested in discovering and publishing the work of emerging older writers (both female and male).
Please note: at this time, we publish in the English language only.
What we are looking for
- Works of short fiction that have a word count of 500-5,000
- Fiction that exhibits a Canadian sensibility (whether or not the writer currently resides in Canada)
- Fiction that exhibits insight on the part of the writer
What we do not publish
Agnes and True does not publish adult content or gratuitous violence. We also do not publish work that is racist or sexist or that would incite others to become racist or sexist.
We reserve the right to define all the above-mentioned terms for ourselves.
How to submit to Agnes and True
If you have a story that you think is suitable for Agnes and True, please send it to us by clicking on the “Submit Your Story” button at the top of this page.
If you are not sure whether your work or subject matter fits within our guidelines, feel free to query us by using the Contact Form here.
If you choose to submit your work …
- Include your full name and valid email address on the submission form
- Send your submission as a Word or PDF document
- If you wish to submit a cover letter, you can do so in the Comments section of the submission form or you can send it separately. If you send it separately, please refer to the name of the story you submitted.
- Include with your submission a short biography. We will only ask for this after we offer to publish your work.
- Include a list of your publishing credits to date. It’s not that we wouldn’t be impressed; it’s just that we trust our own judgment.
Via: Agnes And True.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!