- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Spirit Walker
April 30, 2020
Deadline: April 30th, 2020
Payment: Contributors Copy
Theme: Short tales about Native-American healers.
Let your imagination roam and put our readers in the middle of the action. We want complete stories from the POV of the spirit walker.
We are looking for tales that delve into the rituals and history of being a healer. How does one become a spirit walker? Can a tribe have more than one? How are they chosen? What are they asked to do by the tribe? Do they live apart? Do they have assistants or apprentices that help them? Are they reincarnated? Do they live many lives?
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it loses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum if you must use them.
- No head-hopping or POV changes. Pick one point of view and stick with it.
- Please show more of the action than just telling the reader what happens.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 4,000 and the maximum word count is 17,500.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2020, with a targeted release date of mid-June 2020.
Submit your best work. Poorly formatted and unedited work will be turned down. Please use Americanized English spellings. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 4,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double-spaced, 12-point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2020.
Via: Zimbell House Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!