- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: SPECIES: Tigers
Deadline: January 1st, 2018
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Note: Reprints Allowed
Thurston Howl Publications is now accepting submissions for volume three of its furry anthology series SPECIES: Tigers.
Deadline: January 1, 2018
Word count: 2,500-8,000; a little above and a little below will be acceptable
Please put the story title and TIGERS in the subject.
Tigers have stalked the landscapes of human creativity as monsters and heroes. Whether it was the “Tiger, tiger burning bright” of William Blake or Rudyard Kipling’s Sher Khan, tigers hold a certain place in the human mind as symbols of the wild. For the third volume of SPECIES, we want to see the many faces of anthro tigers. We will be accepting exactly five reprints and five original stories. Tigers have to be the central characters, but they do not have to be the only characters in these stories. While we will accept stories of wolves in pre-modern settings, we will prefer stories of them in 1900s to futuristic settings.
You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any). (Reprints do not count in the total).
Reprints are encouraged, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors will receive a free copy of the print book.
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format to [email protected].
If you are sending more than one submission, send multiple emails instead of putting them all in one.
We will inform all authors regarding decisions within a week or two after the deadline.
Book will likely be released in the summer.
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018