- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Darkling’s Beasts and Brews – Poetry with a Drink on The Side
Deadline: September 17th, 2017
Payment: $0.25 USD (twenty-five cents) per line (excluding spaces and title) with a minimum payment of $1.00 for Haiku and a maximum cut-off at $20 for longer pieces.
LVP Publications is introducing Darkling, Lycan Valley’s Horror Host, in this special poetry anthology — Darkling’s Beasts and Brews — just in time for Halloween! You provide the poetry and Darkling will provide the drinks.
We are looking for beast and/or creature related poetry only — vampires, werewolves, banshees, wendigos, chimeras, hellhounds, ghost riders, witches, goblins, fairies, trolls, yetis, sasquatches, skinwalkers, spiritwalkers, shapeshifters, and other paranormal beings that live here in the Valley. They don’t have to be evil (fun and charming are okay too), but there must be a horror or dark element to the poem.
Each poem selected will have a corresponding drink recipe added by Darkling from her private collection. (Do not submit poetry related to drinks or drink recipes.)
LINE COUNT: We will accept poetry in a variety of styles between 5 and 100 lines (with the exception of properly formatted Haiku of 3 lines). Poems less than 5 lines (with the exception of Haiku) or longer than 100 lines will be returned unread. Exclude spaces and title from line count.
PAYMENT: $0.25 USD (twenty-five cents) per line (excluding spaces and title) with a minimum payment of $1.00 for Haiku and a maximum cut-off at $20 for longer pieces.
FORMATTING: Attach .rtf files only.
Single spaced with line breaks in appropriate places.
Left justified, no strange or unusual formatting.
Use 12pt Times or similar font only. No bold or fancy fonts.
No single word lines (with the exception of proper Haiku)
Remove contact information and all identifying information including headings and byline from the document.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions. If you submit to us, please wait until you receive a response before submitting elsewhere. All final decisions will be made by October 10.
No multiple submissions. Unless specifically requested by the editors, multiple submissions from the same author will result in each of those submissions being returned unread.
Reprints by invite only.
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with William Cook - September 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017