- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Apocalypse
Deadline: September 5th, 2017.
Payment: 1 cent per word.
Note: Yes, it is erotica but it is also the apocalypse and as I know many of you write both…
We are in search of erotic stories centered around the theme of apocalypse. How you execute this theme is up to you—a multitude of interpretations are possible, from both the figurative to the literal end of civilization.
Apocalypse. The complete final destruction of the world (definition 1). An event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale (definition 2).
We are interested in stories that explore either definition. Stories can be set before, during, or after the eponymous apocalypse. Show us passion, annihilation, rebirth, despair, and/or hope. How would you fuck if the world were ending?
The sex needs to be raw, passionate, hot, and at the story’s centre. Four-letter words are neither required nor discouraged, although we have a preference for graphic lust conveyed through beautiful prose.
No hard requirements in terms of secondary genres. This theme, however, lends itself well to dystopian fiction.
Please read our general submission guidelines prior to submitting. We prefer the erotic to the pornographic and have an extreme prejudice for stories with a literary style—however, hot, passionate sex must be at each story’s core. It may help to familiarize yourself with some of our other titles prior to submitting—particularly our short story anthologies and stand-alone shorts.
1,000-5,000 words, although we’ll consider pieces that fall outside those parameters on a case-by-case basis. Multiple and simultaneous submissions ok. No reprints.
If accepted, pay is 1 cent per word. The deadline for submissions is September 5, 2017.
Via: Mug Wump Press.
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with William Cook - September 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017