Deadline: November 1st, 2018
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Editor in Charge: Fanni Suto
Submission Period: September 1 – November 1
[Title to be announced]
Word Count: 500-10,500 (If over this, please ask before submitting).
Theme: To continue our collection of mythology anthologies, we next present to you Japanese. Japan is a culture with a long history. Although the religions have changed over the years, like many others, it first started with grand tales of gods and goddesses. These deities were very important and the tales of some still exist today and are retold. It is said, that the emperors were descended from the sun goddess, Amaterasu, the most well known, however there are stories of many others including her father and brother. Which god or goddess will you choose?
We will consider any sub-genre, but the story must feature Japanese myths of some kind.
ALWAYS READ THE FULL THEMES AND GUIDELINES WHEN SUBMITTING.
PIECES THAT FAIL TO MEET THE GUIDELINES/THEME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
Response Time: Please allow up to one month. After that, if you don’t hear from us then feel free to give us a little nudge. In some cases, we may wait until the end of the submission period to start sending out acceptance emails.
Compensation: Contributor copy of the anthology.
Editing: Yes, your story will be edited if we decide to accept it. After we go through and edit your story, it will then be sent back to you for final approval. In some cases, we may ask for revisions to be made.
Reprints, Multiple & Simultaneous Submissions: Yes.
SEND A SEPARATE EMAIL FOR EACH SUBMISSION. MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS SENT IN ONE EMAIL MAY BE DISCARDED WITHOUT BEING READ.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
- In the subject line please type JAPANESE ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION: [Your Story Title Here].
- In the body of your email, please include your name, pen name, author bio, the myth or deity your story is based on, and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it.
- Trembling With Fear 12/16/2018 - December 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Contrary Spring 2019 Issue - December 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Waiting Game - December 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - December 13, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The Master’s Review - December 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Literary Zine Issue 2: DEMONS - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: AGNI Online - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Penny Fiction 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Future Science Fiction Digest - December 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Literary Hatchet - December 11, 2018