- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Creature Feature Novellas
Deadline: July 31st, 2019
Payment: Royalties, 4 contributor copies if story is over 40k
Creature Feature — LGBTQIA Collection Call — MONSTERS OUT OF MYTH AND LEGEND WITH INTENTIONS MOST FOUL! THEY CRAWL OUT OF YOUR NIGHTMARES WITH UNSPEAKABLE DESIRES!
Some call them monsters; some call them imaginary; and some call them misunderstood. But what is the truth behind the creatures we find ourselves so fascinated by?
LESS THAN THREE PRESS invites you to send your most scintillating, subversive, and scary monster stories for consideration as part of our CREATURE FEATURE collection.
Editor’s note: This collection is an homage to movie monsters of yore and the popularity of paranormal fiction. We’re happy to see stories queered and subverted about classic monsters or those of your own creation—and we suggest authors using classic movie or pulp monsters make sure their creature is in the public domain. Here’s a list to start with.
Also, authors should note works accepted for publication from this call will have covers designed to fit the collection’s theme of B-movie nostalgia.
- Deadline is July 31, 2019
- Stories should be at least 20,000 words and should not exceed approx 60,000 words in length.
- Please put “Submission – Creature Feature” in the subject line
- Stories must feature at least one monster/creature as part of a relationship (romantic, sexual, platonic, etc.).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- The primary genre is by nature speculative, but can contain any sub-genre or genre mashup: mystery, historical, contemporary, space opera, cyberpunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces. Authors with works 40k or longer will receive 4 paperback copies of their book.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and thoroughly edited—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (we prefer Calibri size 12) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Submissions should be sent to [email protected].
Via: Less Than Three Press.
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019