- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Arsenika Autumn 2017 Issue
September 15, 2017
Deadline: September 15th, 2017
Payment: $60 USD for fiction and $30 USD for poetry
Our reading periods are as follows:
- February 1–March 15 for our Spring (April) issue;
- May 1–June 15 for our Summer (July) issue;
- August 1–September 15 for our Autumn (October) issue; and
- November 1–December 15 for our Winter (January) issue.
Fiction and Poetry Guidelines
Arsenika is looking for previously unpublished original fiction and poetry up to 1,000 words long. Payment is $60 USD for fiction and $30 USD for poetry for first world electronic rights and non-exclusive audio rights. We hope to raise the poetry rate to $60 as well in the future—please support us on Patreon if you’d like to help us reach our goal.
Submit no more than two flash fiction pieces and five poems at a time, and please make sure you fill out the form again for each piece you send, unless the pieces are meant to be read together (e.g. a triptych of poems).
All work should be in Standard Manuscript Format (fiction format/poetry format). Format poetry exactly as you would like to see it online—use italics for italics, underlines for underlines, boldface for boldface, etc. Send only TXT, RTF, DOC, and DOCX files.
Please do not send simultaneous submissions (pieces that are submitted to Arsenikaand another market at the same time). Multiple submissions are accepted, but please have no more than two flash fiction pieces and five poems in the submissions queue at a time.
We try to respond to all submissions within 14 days. If you haven’t heard from us in 30 days, please send us a query at
Remember: Don’t self-reject.
Arsenika does not accept unsolicited reprints. Payment is $10 upon acceptance.
Arsenika pays $100 for reprint art. Please feel free to query us at
[email protected]with a link to your portfolio.
- The 2017 Nebula Award Finalists Have Been Announced - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monsters Of Any Kind - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bound Books “Best Of” Anthology - February 19, 2018
- WIHM: Exploring Discrimination With Monsters - February 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 02/18/2018 - February 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018