Payment: $100 per story
GigaNotoSaurus accepts Science Fiction or Fantasy (or any combination thereof) from five thousand to twenty-five thousand words. We could wax eloquent describing the kinds of stories we like, but it wouldn’t be useful; there are dozens of things we don’t know we like until we try them. Send us that story you really, really believe in–the one, maybe, that quickly ran out of places to submit it to because it’s so long.
We do want a variety of settings, styles, viewpoints, and backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and genders.
GigaNotoSaurus publishes one story a month. We pay $100 per story on acceptance. We ask for first serial rights and non-exclusive, indefinite archival rights, though the author is welcome at any time to request a story be removed from the archive.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions (stories sent to more than one market at a time), nor do we accept multiple submissions–only send us one story at a time. We do not accept reprints. Your story must be previously unpublished.
To submit, please email your story to [email protected] as an attachment. Please use Standard Manuscript Format, and make the attachment an RTF file. The subject line of your email should read “Submission: [Title]” where [Title] is the title of your story. You should receive a reply within thirty days.* Please do not query before thirty days has passed.
If you wish to include a cover note, the only information we require is your name, the title and length of your story, and your three best publication credits if you have any. (If you don’t, don’t worry about it. Just leave that line off.) Do not include a bio–if we buy your story, we will ask for biographical information. Do not include a summary or description of your story–your work will stand or fall on its own.
*Editor’s Note: As of March 2015, expect a longer response time for novellas (seventeen thousand words and up) — please allow forty-five to sixty days for a reply. Queries for novellas are appreciated after sixty days.
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome September Issue - July 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Autumn’s Harvest Anthology Call: Autumn Fantasy Anthology - July 17, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/16/2017 - July 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Indie Shelves Horror Anthology - July 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Furry Frolics - July 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ‘The Heart of a Devil: Horror and Dark Fantasy Villains Anthology’ - July 12, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: The Arcanist - July 11, 2017