Taking Submissions: Fit For The Gods Anthology
Deadline: February 1st, 2022
Theme: Greek Gods, any genre
An Open Call for New and Established Writers
Greek mythology has proven itself to be of perennial interest. From reprints of classics like the D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths to retellings of the Iliad, Odyssey, and the Aeneid by everyone from Ursula K. Le Guin to Madeline Miller, writers are continually fascinated and readers are continually compelled by these stories. But while we know today that the Greco-Roman world was international and diverse in racial, ethnic, and sexual identities, this is hardly reflected in the retellings we have. Readers of all backgrounds are actively looking for inclusive, broad-ranging, cross-genre retellings; it’s time to give them their favorite myths with a new twist.
Edited by Jenn Northington and S. Zainab Williams and published by Vintage, Fit For the Gods will shine new light on these beloved myths, and bring much-needed representation to them.
All genres except nonfiction are welcome. Please note that this anthology is intended for an adult audience; we will not be considering works written for YA or younger audiences. Think Sword Stone Table (co-edited by Northington, including a story by Williams) but Greco-Roman mythology!
Eligibility Requirements: New and established authors may submit an original work for consideration.
Submission Requirements: All entries must be submitted to fitforthegodsanthology at gmaildotcom by 11:59pm Eastern, February 1, 2022, and must include the following:
- An original short story of 5,000 – 10,000 words, in two versions:
- One version of the manuscript with name removed, attached as a .doc, .docx, or .txt file.
- One version of the manuscript with name and contact information, attached as a .doc, .docx, or .txt file.
Optional: Anything else we should know about you? We’d love to consider works by authors from marginalized communities, including BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and disabled authors, and would be interested in knowing if that’s you. Feel free to include it in a separate bio attachment.
We will not be accepting:
- Postal submissions
- Multiple submissions
- Simultaneous submissions
- All applicants will receive confirmation upon email receipt of their submission.
- Only applicants whose stories are selected for inclusion will receive further contact and feedback.
- Selected applicants will receive the same flat-rate contributor fee of $1,500.00 USD as other contributors.
Via: Jenn Northington.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!