What We Want:
We are a quarterly zine interested in Extreme Horror, Splatterpunk, Bizarro, LGBTIQ+, Pornorotica (yes, we made that up, but you know what we mean!), freaky fantasy worlds and futures, ridiculous mash-ups, or anything just plain weird.
Dark, twisted, and disturbing stories that push the envelope and explore the far reaching limits of the unnerving side of humanity. The things that people won’t talk about in polite company. The things that we all think about but refuse to acknowledge. Bring it to the light, let us look at it directly in the eye, and if we like what we see, we want it.
What We Don’t Want:
Don’t mistake permissiveness for blithe acceptance. We don’t want your gross-out rape fantasies, sick fuck bullshit unless there’s a good reason for it. We want art! And please don’t send us your boring-ass zombie stories. The world has enough of them.
We’re interested in a wide range of lengths, from 1,000 word flash pieces up to 10,000 words. We would also be willing to accept longer stories on a case-by-case basis. A token payment of $10 will be issued upon publication. We retain worldwide first publishing rights on your story for both electronic and print, along with electronic and print reprint rights for any future anthologies we may publish. After first publication, rights would immediately revert back to the author.
We do not accept previously published stories. Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as we are made aware if the story is accepted elsewhere. Multiple submissions are accepted as well, provided that you let us know and do not send more than three stories at the same time.
Send your submissions as attachments to [email protected] in either .doc/.docx or .rtf format following the standard manuscript format. We hope to hear from you!
– H. J. Bartels & A. Fletcher Harper
Via: Underbelly Zine.
- Ongoing Submissions: Wicked Words Quarterly - July 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikers VS The Undead (tentative title) - July 19, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Worlds Without Master - July 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018