Payment: one cent a word
Turn To Ash is a horror fiction zine. I’m looking for submissions of short fiction and black and white artwork. I’ll also publish relevant essays and interviews.
I’ll be paying one cent a word for either fiction or non-fiction, and $35-$50 per piece for artwork. For fiction, I’d prefer things in the 3k-5k word territory, but I’m flexible either way. Original stories and reprints are both welcome. The zine will be professionally printed and either perfect bound or saddle-stitched.
I’m not going to pitch a theme this time around, so send me whatever. I cast a pretty wide net on what I consider horror. Two of the most horrifying books I’ve ever read are Every Man Dies Alone and Knockemstiff. My favorite stories that are firmly in the genre tend to be quiet horror and capital “W” Weird, but I also enjoy splatterpunk and lots of stuff in between. Send submissions to turntoashmedia at gmail.com. For text submissions, I would prefer to receive .doc files in Shunn Manuscript Format. Artwork subs can be made in whatever file format works best for the artist. If we agree on printing your artwork in Turn To Ash, we’ll work out the best way to get print-ready files into my hands. All submissions can be addressed to “Ben”, “Benjamin”, “Editor”, or “hey, you”.
I’d like to start putting issues out in the summer or fall of 2016. I’ll start posting updates to the Turn To Ash Facebook (www.facebook.com/turntoashmedia) and WordPress pages as I get submissions, and the ball starts rolling. Big thanks to Julian Dassai for the logo.
Via: Turn To Ash.
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018