It is strongly recommended that you study the magazine before submitting. Being familiar with what we publish will obviously greatly improve your chances of acceptance.
We are not currently open to unsolicited submissions of non-fiction, although suggestions of what we should be covering are always welcome. The best place to make such suggestions is the forum.
We are always happy to hear from artists wanting to illustrate stories and/or supply cover art. Send us a portfolio through the post that we can keep on file, or use this website’s contact form to point us to your website or gallery.
We are always open to submissions of new science fiction and fantasy short stories of up to a maximum of 10,000 words.
Your story should be in standard MS format (double spaced, good margins, contact details, approximate word count and page numbers).
There’s no need to spend too long on a covering letter, just introduce yourself and tell us of any relevant credits you have.
Never send simultaneous submissions, multiple submissions or reprints.
Please have only one story (per magazine) under consideration at any one time.
Don’t be offended by a form rejection. It simply means that we’re really busy, with lots of stories to read. But even a form rejection means what it says: send the rejected story somewhere else and try us with something new…and keep on trying!
Don’t submit a rejected story to another of our magazines, as we will already have considered that option.
You can submit your story using our online system:
Via: Black Static
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018