It is strongly recommended that you study the magazine before submitting. Being familiar with what we publish will obviously greatly improve your chances of acceptance.
We are not currently open to unsolicited submissions of non-fiction, although suggestions of what we should be covering are always welcome. The best place to make such suggestions is the forum.
We are always happy to hear from artists wanting to illustrate stories and/or supply cover art. Send us a portfolio through the post that we can keep on file, or use this website’s contact form to point us to your website or gallery.
We are always open to submissions of new science fiction and fantasy short stories of up to a maximum of 10,000 words.
Your story should be in standard MS format (double spaced, good margins, contact details, approximate word count and page numbers).
There’s no need to spend too long on a covering letter, just introduce yourself and tell us of any relevant credits you have.
Never send simultaneous submissions, multiple submissions or reprints.
Please have only one story (per magazine) under consideration at any one time.
Don’t be offended by a form rejection. It simply means that we’re really busy, with lots of stories to read. But even a form rejection means what it says: send the rejected story somewhere else and try us with something new…and keep on trying!
Don’t submit a rejected story to another of our magazines, as we will already have considered that option.
You can submit your story using our online system:
Via: Black Static
- Trembling With Fear 05/26/2019 - May 26, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Syntax & Salt - May 24, 2019
- Unholy Trinity – Marauders, Missing, Mission - May 24, 2019
- Video Refresh: An Interview With Josh Finney & Patrick McEvoy - May 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Funny Queer - May 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Legendary Tales - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom June 2019 - May 23, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Soft Surface Poetry - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Twofer Compendium - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Putrescent Poems - May 22, 2019