- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Zombie Diaries: Short Tales from the Dead
July 15, 2020
Deadline: July 15th, 2020
Payment: Contributors copy
Theme: Tales through a zombie’s point of view for middle-grade readers
Chipper Press is looking for short stories from the point of view of the Zombie. Write your tales as if they are diary entries and tell our young middle-grade readers what daily life is like as a zombie. Tell them about Zombie school, going to the Zombie Mall, or a Zombie vacation. Where do they go camping? What are their holidays? Do they go to a grocery store?
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 4,500 and the maximum word count is 17,000.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum if you must use them.
- No head-hopping or POV changes. Pick one point of view and stick with it. (Your submission will be declined if there is head-hopping.)
- Characters need to be fully developed and the stories need to be complete-not just a scene.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2020, with a targeted release date of late September 2020.
Submit your best work. Poorly formatted and unedited work will be turned down. Please use Americanized English spellings. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 4,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double-spaced, 12-point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform and fan base.
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2020
Via: Chipper Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!