- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love
October 31, 2019
*UPDATED* Deadline: October 31st, 2019
An anthology dedicated to both human and inhuman monsters, and the things – wonderful, monstrous, and everything in between – that they do for love.
Stories must be horror, they must be original, and they must fit the anthology theme.
Submissions close 1 October, 2019. Our target is 50 stories. There is no limit on the number of submissions per author, but we reserve the right to limit the number of accepted stories per author.
As payment, authors will receive royalties divided by word count.
We’re looking for stories between 500 – 7500 words. A few words under or over won’t necessarily disqualify a story, but please keep as close to the guidelines as possible.
Stories MUST fit within the horror genre.
First and foremast, all submissions must be horror. However, we recognize that horror is a very broad and often nuanced genre. To that end, we’ll read stories that fit into other genres (thriller, family drama, coming of age, science fiction, fantasy, comedy, romance, et cetera) as long as the story contains horror, and as long as horror is integral to the narrative.
ALL submissions must be within the horror genre, and MUST meet the following requirements:
Submit all documents as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .pages format
12 point standard font (Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, Courier, etc)
Submit via email to [email protected]
In the body of the email, include your name and contact information.
Unpublished stories are given preference, but we consider reprints on a case by case basis, as long as all rights have reverted to the author.
If your previously unpublished piece is accepted for publication in an anthology, we take First Print and Electronic Publishing Rights, with exclusivity for twelve months from the date of publication.
If we accept your reprint for publication in an anthology, we take nonexclusive reprint rights.
A copy of our publishing contract is available upon request.
Via: Soteira Press.
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Nevada - February 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020
- WIHM: Redefining the Horror Genre - February 17, 2020